The Keith Monument Company
The Keith Monument Company, 1910.
The Keith Monument Company was started by John E. Keith, of Cloverport, KY, in 1867. In 1901, his sons Clarence Edwin Keith and John Proctor Keith, came to Elizabethtown and opened a branch office south of the courthouse on East Dixie Avenue. The Keith brothers were skilled in their craft, and nearly every cemetery in the county contains at least one example of their talents.
Later, C.E. Keith’s son Lon joined the firm, and the name was changed to C.E Keith and Son. Lon’s three sons, Clarence M. “Buddy”, Roy and John, purchased the business and moved the main plant to its present location on North Dixie.
It is Hardin County’s oldest family-owned business.
Courtesy of Hardin and LaRue Counties: 1880-1930, By Carl Howell, Don Waters